At the end of May, I had the great pleasure of participating in the IBM Smarter Commerce Summit as part of the event’s VIP Influencer program. It was an incredible experience: a chance to see some great, inspirational speakers, attend some very interesting workshops, and to meet and network with a great group of people.
While in Nashville, I sat down with IBM’s Todd “Turbo” Watson to talk about some of the latest industry trends. It was a fun conversation — about 15 minutes long, so I’m including a “table of contents” to help you find the parts you may be the most interested in below the video. Let me know where you agree or disagree with the discussion!
- 0:44 Yahoo’s acuisition of Tumblr
- 2:25 YouTube’s growth and value to Google
- 3:54 Media industry trends
- 6:00 Twitter and trends around the open API
- 8:50 Why realtime marketing starts with listening–and how to scale customer engagement
- 10:45 How social media has changed marketing
- 13:06 The Realtime Marketing Lab